Your privacy is critically important to us. At Jilt we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we need it. (We can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data please contact our support team.
Jilt® (“Jilt”) is owned and operated by SkyVerge®, Inc. (“SkyVerge” or “Jilt”). SkyVerge operates several websites including skyverge.com, shopstorm.com, jilt.com, and sellwithwp.com. It is SkyVerge’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, Jilt collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Jilt’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Jilt’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Jilt may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Jilt also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users. Jilt only discloses logged in user IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Jilt collects email addresses of people who send us email. We also collect information on what pages users access and information provided to us by users via surveys and site registrations. Such information may contain personal data about you including your address, phone numbers, etc. We are not allowed to disclose such personal information without your written permission. However, certain information collected from you and about you is used within the context of providing our services to you. The information we collect is not shared with, sold or rented to others except under certain circumstances and which your use of the Apps or services is deemed to provide to us a valid consent to disclose the following:
- Jilt may share personal information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Jilt’s Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- Jilt employs other companies to perform tasks on our behalf and may need to share your information with them to provide products and services to you. Jilt may also share your information to provide products or services you’ve requested or when we have your permission.
- When you register for the App we collect your name, company name, email address, and shop URL. Payment details are collected and payments are processed securely via Stripe.
- Jilt uses the information we collect for the following general purposes: products and services provision, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
- As part of the buying and selling process on your store, you may obtain the email address and/or shipping address of your customers. By accepting our Terms of Service, you agree that, with respect to other users’ Personal Information that you obtain using the App, Jilt hereby grants to you a license to use such information only for store-related communications that are not unsolicited commercial messages. Jilt does not tolerate spam. Therefore, without limiting the foregoing, you are not licensed to add the name of someone who has purchased an item from you, to your mail list (email or physical mail) without their express consent.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter Personal Information on our site, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jilt may use third party service providers to provide certain services to you and we may share Personal Information with such service providers. We require any company with which we may share Personal Information to protect that data in a manner consistent with this policy and to limit the use of such Personal Information to the performance of Apps or Services for Jilt.
- Jilt may disclose Personal Information under special circumstances, such as to comply with court orders requiring us to do so or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
- We do not sell or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
Jilt owns the data storage, databases, and all rights to Jilt applications; however we make no claim to the rights of your data. You retain all rights to your data. We will contact clients directly in the course of your usage of the App to provide abandoned cart services, but we will never use your data for our own business advantage, to compete with you, or market to your clients.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Every computer that accesses our website is assigned a different cookie by us.
Google Analytics and Remarketing
We use a service provided by Google called Google Analytics (GA). GA permits us to reach people who have previously visited our site, and show them relevant advertisements when they visit other sites across the Internet in the Google Display Network. This is often called ‘remarketing’.
Cookies can be used to track your session on our website, to serve customized ads from Google and other third party vendors. When you visit this website, you may view advertisements posted on the site by Google or other third parties. Through first-party and third party cookies, these third parties may collect information about you while you are visiting this website and other websites. They may use this data to show you advertisements on this website and across the Internet based on your prior visits to this website and elsewhere on the Internet. We do not collect this information or control the content of the advertisements that you will see.
You may be able to opt out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager (http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/), and the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (http://www.google.ca/ads/preferences/plugin/).
Your use of this website without opting out means that you understand and agree to data collection to provide you with remarketing ads using GA and cookies from other third party vendors based on your prior visits to this website and elsewhere on the Internet.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here or by means of a notice on our homepage so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
2016-11-27: Updated links from getjilt.com to jilt.com.
Any questions about this policy should be sent to info [at] skyverge [dot] com or sent to:
Jilt | SkyVerge, Inc
4 Holly Drive
Douglassville, PA 19518